Monday, September 24, 2007

Poker NIGHT!

So, we did play some Texas Hold'em on Friday night, and might I add that if you feel like playing, let me know!!!! BUT the best part was the last hand of the night. We took a picture of it, because it happens so rarely!!! Here it is, a Straight Flush!!!! AND in case you are wondering who had the lucky winning hand, it was BRETTE! What's funny is that Kirk had the 4... and was SO MAD when Brette threw down the 9!! Seriously... what are the chances?!?!?! And.... just so you know, we don't play for money or anything, it's just for fun. We just use poker chips! But it is ALWAYS a good time, and lots of good food!!!!


I went to the BYU game again on Saturday, this time with my mom and dad and Lance and Kristi. (Trent was working on his Ranchero). It was a good time! Tairen came for the first quarter, and he is so cute! He got so excited when we made the first touchdown. One time on the big screen he saw the quarterback, and he was like "Dad, Dad, look it's John Beck!!!!!" And Lance had to remind him that it was Max Hall now, not John Beck! So cute... he was such a huge John Beck fan... he has a hard time remembering he's not a Cougar anymore, but he's a Dolphin now!!! hahaha It was pretty fun when it started to rain... we all pulled out the ponchos and had a great time!!! Me and Kristi and my mom were all in flip flops.... it's better to have wet feet than wet shoes... well, that's what I say!!!

We played games with Danica and Trevor and made Fajitas and yummy caramel popcorn! And if you haven't ever played Ticket to Ride, you are MISSING OUT! Christmas is coming, and it would make a GREAT gift for the family that loves games! But... word of advice, don't play it when it's "that time of the month" because it can leave you seriously pissed at the person who blocks your road!!!!! That wasn't me.... never me!!! HAHA Well, that was about it for my enjoyable weekend, GO COURGARS, that's all I have to say!!!!

5 comments:

Monica said...

Do you ever work during work hours? Seriously!

Anonymous said...

yes that was me i always win!!!! :)

Danica said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

No, when we played with my parents and Brette, ALL of them blocked all of my roads! I didn't think I was going to make any of my destinations.... I had to use all of my Train Stations.... I was SO MAD!!!! Trent was so nice though... he held out on winning until I had made all my destinations... hehe.... he doesn't like it when his wife is ornery!

Danica said...

Didn't I tell you it was way harder with 5 people... it's weird that one more person makes all the difference..! :) I'm glad Trent won though, we picked on him a bit at our house...