It was when I lived in St. George. I went to this singles ward with my friend, and it was one of the first times I had been to that ward. I was by myself and was sitting in Sunday School and this guy came and sat next to me. I thought it was a little random, but he wasn't bad looking. HAHA So after class he started talking to me and told me his name was Steve, and asked me out on a date. I was like... okay. So that week we went on a date. It was alright, I didn't have much in common with him so I figured he wouldn't ask me out again.
That wasn't the bad date.
He asked me out again, but like 3 months later.
He told me he wanted to go to Zion's and hike around. I LOVE HIKING... so of course I said yes, even though I didn't like him at all. So we set a day to go. He said it was just going to be me and him. I thought that was a little weird cause I didn't really know him and it takes about an hour to drive all the way up there from St. George. SO... I called my sister! HAHA Monica was at school in Cedar, so I told her to come with us! I think Steve was a little miffed when I told him I invited my sister.
K.... so Steve came to my house to get me. I lived with Charles at the time, and Charles of course wanted to meet him. So Steve came in and said hi... then he said "Katie, there is something wrong with my car... can you drive?" I didn't mind driving, but I didn't have any gas so I said, "Yeah, I just don't have any gas." He said, "We can stop and get some."
So we left and I drove my car. When we stopped at the gas station I thought he would pay for gas... NOPE! He didn't even offer or say a word. So.... I paid for gas. Then we drive up there to meet my sister, all the while talking about NOTHING! By this time I can't stand this kid. Keep in mind that he has this really annoying voice, like kinda femmy and nasaly. HAHA
When we got there, he had a season pass and said, "Yeah, my parents let me borrow their pass." Nice... I drive, I buy gas, you have a free pass, uh... didn't he ask me out???? Whatever... we started hiking and my sister brought this guy she was kind of dating seriously... so they were holding hands. Steve kept trying to hold my hand and I was like... NO WAY.. haha. I could tell I offended him, but I didn't care. This was like the worst date ever. Have you ever hiked around for 3 hours with someone you have NOTHING in common with??? IT WAS LAME!
So yeah, that was the last time good old Steve asked me out! When I got home, Charles asked me how my date went. I told him all about it, and he was glad. He said, "If you would've liked him I wouldn't have let you go out with him again. He is a loser for making you drive! The man should NEVER make a woman drive!" He was even more mad when I told him he didn't pay for the gas either! HAHAHA Good old Charles... such a gentleman.
I just thought of another one I have to share.. it's not as detailed haha.
So my friend's mom works at the hospital in admitting and sees a lot of people come in. This guy came in and she said he was really cute and charming and and immediately thought we would be a cute couple, so she gave him my number and told him to call me. I thought that was so nice of her. So he called me, I believe his name was Brandon.
He told me we could just meet up somewhere and get to know each other or something. I thought it was a little weird he didn't ask me out on an actual date. So it was like the middle of the day and I left work to go get some Cold Stone ice cream with him. We got our ice cream and then he wanted to sit in his car. OKAY... weird. He totally wasn't my type with looks either, blonde blue eyed... not my type. We sit in his car and he starts telling me all about himself... not ever asking about me. He proceeds to tell me that he is a singer and is singing in some band... he has a CD. He puts it in... it's like Backstreet Boys/NSYNC gone bad. It was awful. He started singing with himself.. and dancing. SO WEIRD! I was trying so hard to be nice and not just jump out and leave. HAHA Man, it was bad. So, I was like... well I have to go back to work, nice to meet ya! I NEVER talked to him again, he was total loon bin!
Sorry it's so long.. hope you enjoyed those stories! Fun to reminisce about that stuff... SO GLAD I'M MARRIED!!!! Mmmmm LOVE YOU TRENT!
Oh... and I tag anyone who has a great story to tell! HAHA
7 comments:
Those are great stories. I have come to the conclusion that all Steves or Stevens are weird. Good thing you took your sister with you....smart thinking.
Wow! those stories got me thinking of some of the bad dates I had. I have to agree I am so glad to be married too.
Too funny:) I can just picture you with the two of them. I don't know how you kept your mouth shut with either one of them! HAHA
didn't that one with brandon happen when we worked at the old five state? didn't his sister do hair???
What about that one guy that you caught uh....doing something to himself?? You knew some weirdos
wow, that first one was crazy! I would be ticked if he didn't pay.
When I saw the title of your post I knew it had to be Steve haha and for the record, I was not dating Justin seriously haha if I did this tag I'd probably talk about that same date! Who hikes around Zions holding hands? Seriously awkward! haha glad we could be there for each other :) and I don't even remember that Brandon story but it's hilarious hehe love you!
Post a Comment