We'll start out with Friday and Saturday, the 6th and 7th. It was my first ever Scentsy Launch party. I put SO much effort into it and worked so hard to make everything so cute and I was utterly disappointed with my turn out. I mailed out over 100 invites, and had about 10 people come.... not including my actual family. Not even my husband's family came to support me. I was disappointed to say the LEAST. But.... in the end, I made my goal that I had set for myself, and I still had fun doing it all. I love Scentsy. I understand that people are busy, and have other things planned, but I thought more people would come. I think I set my standards too high. It WAS good to see my old roomie Danyelle though, and she came all the way from Ogden!!! heheh I LOVE YOU DANYELLE!
So Sunday was typical, and then the rest of the week begins. Here we go.....
Everyone knows that I have gall stones and was getting my gall bladder surgery on the 11th. I took work off, Trent took work off, I had people bringing me dinners, and everything was all planned out. If you know me, I'm a planner. I plan things to the tee... and I get really upset when things don't go as planned.
So Monday I had scheduled Brenika's 6 month appointment so that I wouldn't have to worry about it after my surgery. Everything went great... she weighed in at 18lb 6oz... the chuck, and is 27in long. BUT.... then my pediatrician informs me that Brenika has a tilted head (which I had JUST started noticing) and that her head is flat. She favors 1 side, and ALWAYS sleeps on that side. I have worked and worked and worked and worked with her, and she is sooooo stubborn and will NOT lay on the other side. So, she officially needs therapy and a helmet. I am totally fine with it, but I don't have the MONEY! Ugh, so frustrating. So.... I decide I can't worry about it until after I'm recovered from surgery. Then comes Tuesday.
I wanted my house spotless clean before my surgery so that I wouldn't have to worry about laundry or cleaning or anything for a week after. So all day Tuesday I'm bustin my butt cleaning my house. THEN Trent's sister came into town, and hasn't ever seen Brenika. So, we had to go up to dinner with them in Salt Lake, and it was good to see her. BUT, Trent tells them that I can't eat anywhere greasy and please not to go to Golden Coral, which is where they ALWAYS go to eat. Lo and behold.... Golden Coral it is. Fine. Whatever. I didn't eat there..... I don't trust the food there and I did NOT want a gall bladder attack the day before my surgery. I was just a little mad. ALSO.... I had to close out my Scentsy party on Tuesday and so I was up til 11 with my sponsor while she helped me close out my first order. So, it was about 1 before I got in bed.
Wednesday... surgery day. I'm supposed to be to the AF hospital at 8:45... so we leave for my mom's house and get there at about 7:30. I have everything all ready, juice for afterward, Brenika's supply of breast milk (cause I'm still breastfeeding) and everything is all perfect. I feed her before we leave, and we're off. My sister stayed home from school to watch her so Trent could stay at the hospital during my surgery. We get there, and get all squared away in the surgery area. My nurse is so cute, she's pregnant and was asking me about Brenika cause it said on my papers that I'm still breastfeeding. So.... we're talking about it, and she's putting in my IV and taking my blood and stuff. We're there for about an hour while they run my labs... and then the anesthesiologist comes in to talk to me. He says... "Hi I'm your anesthesiologist for today, and unfortunately we can't do your surgery because you're pregnant."
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! No way can I be freakin pregnant.... well, I could be, but the chances are slim to none seeing as how it took FOREVER to get pregnant with Brenika.
So I say... are you kidding? He starts to laugh and my nurse is laughing and so is this other nurse guy. I was like... NO REALLY, ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING? And he says, Nope. The reason we're laughing is because this is the 2nd patient today that couldn't get her surgery cause she was pregnant.
I'm dumbfounded... and immediately start to cry. Not because I'm sad or happy about being pregnant, but just because I'm SO MAD that I can't get my gall bladder out. UGH, I'm still SO MAD about it. So frustrating. I've been planning and planning, and the stupid thing is still in there causing me problems.
So, we leave, and I have to figure out what to tell people. All these people know I'm getting my surgery, what do I tell them??? I told all my family, but waited to tell everyone else... because I had some concerns. Since I'm breastfeeding, I thought it was a little weird that a few weeks ago I had some bleeding for 2 days. This happened to me when I had a miscarriage, so I think I might be having a miscarriage. I immediately call my OB and ask for an ultrasound. Since I was already in AF, they called me in one over there. So my mom and Trent go with me and they do the ultrasound. There is NOTHING. They can't see a sac or anything at all in my uterus. I think, I bet it's Ectopic. I asked the tech if she thought it could be Ectopic, and she said she wasn't sure. She was looking at my ovaries and trying to find ANYTHING, but couldn't really tell. I wasn't in any pain, and I hadn't bled since those few days a few weeks ago. So no one really thought it could be ectopic. She calls my Doctor and he tells me to make an appointment to come in the following day, Thursday.
After leaving the hospital, I called the office to schedule my appointment. They ask what for, and I say... Well, I think I'm having an ectopic pregnancy. Seriously, no more than 5 minutes later my Doctor calls to YELL at me. He asks me why I think it's ectopic because I'm not bleeding and I don't have any pain, and that it's probably because I'm really early pregnant, so it's just not showing up. He was so mad, so then he wants me to get my HCG levels tested every 48 hours to see if they're doubling. If you don't know about that..... when you first get pregnant your HCG levels will double every 48 hours. So if they're 600, they should go to 1200, and then 2400, and so on. Usually your levels have to be around 5000 to see the sac in an ultrasound. So back to the hospital I go to get my blood work done... again. Good thing I don't hate needles!! hehe
Thursday morning I get a call from my Doctor's office and they tell me that my HCG levels are at 624. That is about 2 weeks pregnant. That would explain why they can't see it in an ultrasound, cause it's too early. But, it doesn't explain why I show up positive on a urine test, because you usually won't show up on those until later also. At this point, I know it's miscarriage, but not really sure if it's ectopic or not. I'm pretty sure though.... I'm really in tune with my body. So I'm really mad that it's Thursday and I didn't get my gall bladder out, so I just hang out at home all day, ya know, pity me. HAHA Honestly, I didn't do anything ALL DAY. Trent got home and we decided to get pizza for dinner. I was sick of not eating it, and I really wanted it. So we got some yummy Two Jacks pizza with some fat sticks, and I didn't eat too much, for fear of a gall bladder attack. We watch Survivor, and then I all of a sudden get this massive pain. It felt like I needed to go #2 like SO BAD.... but, it was like trapped gas. I thought maybe it was from the pizza.... but I'd never had pain down that far before with my gall bladder stuff. So I'm up in my bathroom for like a few hours. I get in the bathtub and I'm feeling a lot better. I sat in there forever! HAHA Trent was so great, he just kept Brenika occupied.
Well, I get out and am getting Brenika ready for bed and the pain comes back, I'm so annoyed. So I just feed her and get in bed, hoping that it will go away. I have Trent give me a blessing, cause I keep worrying about EVERYTHING.... and I just want it to go away.
Try to sleep, can't. The pain is getting worse... and it moves mostly to one side. Then it started hurting like contractions... except for it was constant instead of every few minutes. I KNOW it's my ovary that's hurting, cause it's only the 1 side. Finally I'd had enough and at 3:30 I wake up Trent and tell him we gotta go the ER. We called my mom, and my dad drove to the Provo Hospital and picked up Brenika from us, and we go in the hospital.
I love when you tell people what you think is wrong and they look at you like you're stupid. I told the lady that I think I'm having an Ectopic pregnancy and she kinda rolls her eyes and is like.... okay, so you have abdominal pain. Sure lady, whatever, just get me to a Doctor. My nurse in the ER does the same thing, and when the Doctor came in I explained EVERYTHING from the gall bladder to the empty uterus to the pain. He says, "Well we'll do some ultrasounds, but I think it's your appendix." Ding Ding Ding.... I totally didn't even THINK about it being my appendix. That is dumb! I watched an ex boyfriend go through that, and he was writhing in pain like I was. It could totally be my appendix!
So, they get me in to do ultrasounds and the guy was so nice. He took pictures of everything and then they did a vaginal ultrasound to see if they could see the pregnancy yet. It hurt SO BAD... I wanted to DIE! Oh man, it was awful. I was squeezing this rag thing so hard! It only took them 20 minutes after the ultrasounds to get back to me, and in walks my OB, Dr. Glenn. Yes, he says, I believe it's an Ectopic pregnancy! He was so nice to me this time too, because I think he knew he was rude to me on the phone before. HAHAHA They had also checked my HCG levels again, and they had gone down to 400.... which is what happends in a miscarriage or an ectopic. He told me that maybe they could take my gall bladder out at the same time, but that he wanted to do surgery as soon as possible. The other surgeon came in and said that we couldn't do the gall bladder at the same time. The bile could get into the other parts of the body and infect them. So, I'm SOL on that one.
It only took about 30 minutes to get into surgery. I vaguely remember going in, I was so hopped up on morphine. And, then waking up was AWFUL! I couldn't stop shaking, but I didn't throw up and I didn't cry. I kept telling my nurse I was really thirsty and it took her FOREVER to get me some ice chips. It was crazy how thirsty I was. I don't know why I thought that after the surgery the pain would be gone, but it wasn't. HAHA It hurt worse.... so they shoved me full of more morphine. Man, I was so drugged up. It took me ALL DAY to get to where I could walk around before they sent me home. And I am MEAN MEAN MEAN on anesthesia. Man, my husband should divorce me after days like that!!!!! I was so overwhelmed with the pain and the nausea and everything else that was on my mind, that I was just brutal.
SO..... I'm home and feeling pretty good. My parents stayed with us last night and it's great to have their help with Brenika. I know alot of people watched her yesterday while we were at the hospital, and I'm so grateful that I knew I didn't have to worry about her. I slept pretty good, and I'm not as sore this morning, so I'll hopefully have a quick recovery.
So if that isn't the craziest week ever, I don't know what is! Whirlwind... it barely seems real, especially the ER stuff. I was so out of it! I'm just grateful for my family and friends that I can rely on them. I watched Danica go through her Ectopic pregnancy, and that's why I knew I was going through the same thing. It's weird how you and your best friend end up going through the same things in life.
So I don't want your pity, just wanted to share my crazy week.... and now, I just look forward to getting my stupid gall bladder out. Alright, after all that, I do not wish surgery on anyone, it BLOWS. I think I'll wait until I'm done breastfeeding to get my gall bladder out! So until then I can hold off on the greasy and cheesy things... and maybe I will lose some weight! HAHA
Here is a picture for you.... look if you want. I think body stuff is so cool. I'm glad I got to see what it all was looking like. So, if you don't want to look.... then don't! HEHE
The circle on the right is my good fallopian tube, and the circle on the left, is the one with the pregnancy in it. Kinda crazy!!!! He was able to open it up and get it out, and then preserve the tube. Lesson learned.... things happen for a reason. There is a reason I scheduled my gall bladder surgery at a certain time, and my mom even kept trying to get me to change it. If I hadn't scheduled it, and found out I was pregnant, I wouldn't have ever known that was the pain I was feeling later. Oh, and usually you bleed in an ectopic, and I wasn't. When they went in, I had blood clots which is why there was no blood coming from me. All I can say is, someone was watching over me, and I'm glad to have it over and done with!
15 comments:
Hey Katie! what a HORRIBLE week! I can totally sympathize with you on the gall bladder pains..i had mine done 1 1/2 years ago..the attacks are brutal, so that on top of everything else that happened...ugh i can only imagine! Dr Glenn is my Dr also, he helped me through some really tough times in my pregnancy..so atleast you have a good dr! well hopefully you recover good and can get your gall bladder taken care of! goodluck!
That is a crappy week! Hope you are feeling better. Once you get feeling well, lets do lunch. Promise NO Golden Coral! LOL
Oh Katie I am so sorry! That really has got to be the worst week ever! I am glad however that things fell into place and everything was taken care of.
What a horrible week and yet what a blessing! You are such an amazing woman!! If ever you need anything please let me know.
I'm glad we both had someone watching over us while going through this! It is crazy the miracles that can happen! I'm glad you are doing better... you still haven't told me when you want me to bring you dinner... we are leaving on Thursday so if you want me to bring it Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday... let me know... I am thinking of just bringing you taco soup and then you can just heat it up when you need it what do you think?
You know that was Danica right? I never realize when I'm logged in as Trevor.
Holy cow! I'm so glad you're feeling better:) I had such a boring week compared to you!!
Katie! Wow...I had no idea. I'm glad that everything 'worked' out. Please let me know if I can help.
I know you said you didn't post so that we'd say we are sorry for you, but how can I help it! MAN, you had a horrible week! I'm glad that things went somewhat smoothly & hope that you have a speedy recovery. (PS I threw a pampered chef party back in Jan & invited over 50 people & 6 came! HA!)
Katie! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. Man, I can't even imagine. It really is amazing that even though things never seem to go as planned - someone knows what needs to be happening!
I'll pray for you. I wish I could have been there for your party! I totally would have liked to come.
What a crazy week! I am glad you wrote it all down while it's still fresh. It'll be good to look back and remember the horror/blessings of the week!
Love you!
Wow, crazy week. I hope all goes well with the recovery!
Katie. You are SO freaking nice. You offer to do stuff for me when you are SICK!!! I really appreciate your friendship and I wish I was a better friend to those around me. Your example is definitely a good one for me to follow. Max is doing MUCH better and I am too. I hope you get feeling better, that really does sound like such a hard week. I am sorry about the Scentsy. It is really depressing that I am so poor right now. I wish I could have gone, but I know I would have spent money I don't have. I really need to save up some money so I can buy some fat girl clothes so I can stop wearing maternity:( Or I could just lose weight!!! lol. no I will buy bigger clothes. ANYWAY, you please let ME know when I can help you with anything! I don't wanna be near you right now with Max getting over RSV, but if there is anything I can do from a distance please let me know!
Wow! Katie I'm sorry to hear about your week. I think it's really cool how you've written in such detail about it. Journaling plus getting it all out sometimes help. Also, that is an awesome picture you posted that show your tubes and the pregnancy. Anyways, I hope this week is a helluva lot better for you. Love ya lots!
You better get checked to see if you have Factor 5. It is a blood clotting disease that comes from the Lamb side of the family. I am interested in having a Scentsy party. My daughter-in-law (yes I already have one of those) is going to host it with me. I will give you a call in a few weeks when you have recovered from your trip to hell!!!!
Oh my Goodness!!!! CRAZY!!!!!! Do, did they take your appendix out? Are you relieved you're not pregnant? and how long till your gall bladder can come out!! HOLY STORIES - that would have been crazy! Hope all is well.
PS - Sorry about the Scensty Party - I thought I was excused b/c I live in Georgia - I did appreciate an invite though! haha. I guess I could have ordered online. oops!
Post a Comment