Sunday, April 12, 2009

Not so Happy Easter

I would say Happy Easter... but we are NOT having a HAPPY Easter. A few days ago Brenika had a fever.... and it wouldn't go away. Then last night, she started coughing, I mean HACKING.... it was awful. So we took her in this morning to the after hours clinic... and she has croup. Lovely. I feel so bad for her... all she does is cry and want to be held. Plus, she got her helmet on Friday, but they can't wear it when they have a fever, so she hasn't even been wearing it until today... cause her fever finally went away this morning. We just have to be careful and make sure it doesn't come back with the helmet on or she'll get too hot. ANYWAY.... we are NOT having the best of luck these days... what's with all the bad karma anyway??? Someone out there must REALLY hate us... cause we keep getting dumped on!

On a little bit happier note... Brenika liked her presents from the Easter Bunny....

Had to put it on the table so Britney wouldn't eat the chocolate...

Cute Easter Jammies!

What's this?

A Girl Monster Truck??? HAHA... she loves Cars... go figure.


So I realized a few weeks ago she didn't have any Disney toys... So the Easter Bunny got her this super cute Minnie and Piglet!!! HEHE

And BOLT!



And a sweet Slinky too!

Here is our little "Storm Trooper"... cause that's what she looks like. Don't worry, I'm figuring out a way to attach cute flowers to the top of her helmet.. HA...

You can tell she's sick.. her eyes are all red and sad... it SUCKS.




So there will be no Easter egg hunt, no coloring of eggs, no Sunday Easter dinner... we're stuck home, with a sad sick baby. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Happy Easter to everyone else though!!!

9 comments:

Monica said...

I love her huge smile in those pictures where she's holding Bolt! So freaking cute! I'm glad she has been able to be happy even though she's sick. We'll keep you in our prayers! Happy Easter!

Brette said...

haha i love you! :) i love brenika more though she's my favorite! hehe well of your kids... she looks cute in her helmet i like it adds to her funny personality

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

She is SO cute Katie. She is getting SO big!!! We are in AZ and we are all SOOOOO sick too. Tis the season, I suppose. Happy Easter and hope your days get better.

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm so sorry:( She is SOO SOO dang cute tho! You're such a good mommy.

Carly said...

you have all the bad luck because she is SO CUUUUUUUUUTE!!!! the way she is holding the movie BOLT makes her look like a very coordinated adult. im quite impressed. As SOON as she is better we must hang out!!!!
Anything I can do to help you guys?
text me

Trisha said...

Having sick kids is one of the worst parts of parenting - especially when you have to change all your plans and miss out on the Easter festivities!! I'm sorry!
At least she is dang cute though! :)
Croup is awful too . . . man, I am so sorry.

Danica said...

SO sorry you are sick...that is the worst sickness too!! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON! XOXOXO!

T. said...

She looks cute as a storm trooper! I thought they were clear helmets...

Sorry she had croup it really is awful isn't it!?

Chandice said...

I can't believe how much she looks like her daddy! Don't feel bad my boy looks just like his daddy too :)