Saturday, May 5, 2012

A to the NNOY

Here goes my little tangent for the moment.....  wait, didn't I already have one of those this week?

A few weeks ago Trent had this nasty rash appear on his head.  I was like "EW, don't touch it, WASH YOUR HANDS."  He was annoyed with me, because he thought it was just hives.  

No, it was shingles.

Seriously?!  Shingles?  You think only old people get shingles right?  Well, no, they don't.  Anyone who has had the chicken pox in their life, can get the shingles.  It's kind of like a wart.... once you've had a wart you can keep getting them.  It's Herpes.  Comes back.

This was RIGHT AFTER Brenika... then a few days later, Dirk..... then a few days later, Me.... all had Bronchitis.  

Keep in mind, that we do not have medical insurance right now.

(I love My Husband's Job...I love My Husband's Job...I love My Husband's Job...I love My Husband's Job...I love My Husband's Job...Repeat).

And no, just because we have Aflac, doesn't mean it covers much of anything.  It's supplemental, not major medical.

So I made him go to the after hours clinic to see what to do, and see if Dirk could get Chicken pox from him.  They assured him, that no, Dirk wouldn't unless he comes in direct contact with it.  Brenika had her vaccination when she was 12 months.  So they just sent him to the Pharmacist with a prescription to heal it up quicker... $200 later.... oh yeah, you read that right.... (good bye tax return and Disneyland)... it healed up.

BUT YOU JUST WAIT.

Today, as I was helping Brenika get dressed.... she had a red bump on her back.  Oh wait, another one on her leg, and her chest.... SHUT THE FRONT FREAKIN DOOR!

Tonight in the bath she had a few more... then in bed a few more on her face.  PRETTY sure she's got the chicken pox. 

We are supposed to leave tomorrow afternoon for a little over nighter with our cousins.  THEN we're supposed to go to Utah next week for 6 days.  Oh, how I've been looking forward to this!!!!  I need to see my dog, I want to go to the zoo, I need to GET OUT OF HERE.  And now.... it looks as though I'll be home ridden.  And who knows for how long because obviously Dirk is going to end up with them at some point and the incubation period is like 10 days so.... that's potentially forever 20 days at home!!!!  AND I'VE ALREADY BEEN HOME FOR 20 DAYS FROM BRONCHITIS.

BAH.

My life could be worse, yes, I know.  But, this is my blog so I'm going to vent.

And I like to BLAME people when we're sick... so today I'm blaming my neighbors, the Smoky Smokerson's.  THEY SMOKE ALL DAY.  In their house.  We live in a town home, and they were built in the 70's... and their smoke always seeps in my house.  It's the worst in Brenika's room for some reason.  If I open up all my windows to air it out, it doesn't help much, because my neighbors behind us smoke too.  What's with all the morons that smoke?!?!?!  I miss Utah.  In 1000 ways.  BUT I sure do miss their Clean Air Act.  If I wanted to smell smoke, I would live in the Vegas.  I can deal with smoke in Vegas.  I canNOT deal with smoke in my house!  So ... YOU... SMOKES ALOT LADY... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeasssssseeeee, for the LOVE, stop smoking.  Maybe I should drop off a pack of Nicorette or some patches on her door step.  

Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddd..... I'm done.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I'm sorry :( I didn't know you've all had bronchitis! All illnesses are the worst with young kids. I wish we could all live in a bubble lol

Bridget said...

Ohhh, Katie! I'm sorry! I can't believe Dirk has chicken pox too!! Holy !@#!. Worst timing ever too. :( :(
Poor kiddos!!

I feel your pain with Aflac, I mean it's better than not having anything, but it's definitely NOT like having regular insurance. Wouldn't it be rad to have both someday... in a perfect world. :p

And I totally think you should go with the Nicorette idea.

HUGS!!

Lynda said...

I got the chicken pox from my mom while she had shingles....I wasn't in direct contact like touching them or anything. Totally sucks that everyone is so sick. Hope you all get better soon!