Friday, August 17, 2012

Birthday Boy!!!

My baby boy turned 1.... over a month ago.  We were in Utah to celebrate his birthday.  It was a great day.  Lots of other family and friends were in town the same time we were so we were able to celebrate with everyone.  Here are a few pictures from his party!

YAY!!! I'm 1 Year Old!

Lance and Kristi
Brette, Jace, Dallis, Lily

Lane, Wyatt, Tairen, Parker, Sierra

Jens, Trent, Nolan... Brothers

Elizabeth, Carlie

Gavin, Alex, Lily, Monica


Time for presents!  All the kids sat up on the trampoline and it was a FABULOUS  idea!!!  (Brette)




He LOVES these balls from Monica!

What boy doesn't need Excavation Equipment?!?!


And Disney, OF COURSE!

HE LOVES this Jesse!  SO CUTE!

Look at that grin! hehe  If you're wondering why he just go Jesse, it's because he already has Buzz and Woody.  He got Bullseye too.

SHOES!  This boy is OBSESSED with shoes!  These are squeaky shoes.

He HAD to put them on his hands and crawl around while they squeaked!


I got him some new binkies and he was SO MAD that they were in the packaging! haha

Notice his binky is now in his mouth. HAHA  I got him Mater and McQueen so he'll know who they are when we go to Cars Land.

Trent got him a big Monster Truck!

Clay and Cheryl got him the Fisher Price People School Bus.  ALL of the kids wanted to play with it! It's so cute.  I don't know why I didn't get a picture of Clay and Cheryl at the party.

Trying out his new sippy from Jens and Carlie!

His first action figure from Brette and Chase.  He's from Toy Story 3.

LEGOS!

Are we done yet mom?!?!

We're DONE!  YAY!


Time for cake!!!  Dirk LOVES Mickey Mouse.  So of course I wanted a Mickey Mouse cake.  I thought it would be fun to use the same pan that we used for Brenika's 1st Birthday Cake.  She had Minnie, and Dirk has Mickey!  My cupcakes were a little better this time.  Instead of using cookies, Brette made cute little Mickey Ears out of fondant!  Loved them!



Brenika testing out the cake first! hahaha  Dirk's like... HEY, I want some!
Ready?
That's interesting!
Mom, is this really okay to eat?
Hmmmmmm....

He actually didn't really eat very much at all!!!  It kinda shocked me.  He didn't even get dirty because he was not interested in it at all.  I was actually TRYING to make him eat it, but he just didn't want to. 





After cake my dad had gotten a few little fireworks to set off in the front yard.  It was the perfect ending!
Enjoying the sparklers!

He wasn't quite walking on his birthday, only 10 steps at a time.  Elizabeth was walking him all over in his other new squeaky shoes.
He was LOVING it!









Tairen and Lane became fast friends lighting off the fireworks together!

Thanks Dad for an AWESOME night of fireworks!!!

It was really special to have everyone be there that was there!  I loved celebrating my kids birthday's!

I haven't updated on Dirk's status for a while.  Here are a few things about him at 1 years old.



Dirk Frandsen - Up to 1 YEAR

Weight - 20 pounds

Height - ALMOST 30 inches

Sizes - Still wearing mostly 12 month clothes, but fitting into 18 month too.   In Size 4 Diapers but will probably go up to 5 soon!  You're starting to pee through them in the night.

Milestones - On your birthday you were slowly walking about 10 steps at a time.  A week later you were full on walking everywhere!  You started crawling at 7 months and standing up at 9.  You love to point at everything that you see or want.  Especially animals.  You point at dogs and make the dog sound.  You point at the deer and bunnies in our neighborhood and laugh at giggle at them.  You can go up the stairs like a pro, but you still want to come down them hands first.  You can feed yourself most foods and even like to use a fork and spoon for fun, if mom puts the food on it for you.

Words - You say the words Dada, Momom, and THAT (which kinda sounds like Dad).  You point at everything and say DAT DAT DAT.  When the door opens your run to the door and say DADADAD.

 Eating - You love most foods.  Your FAVORITES right now are Avocados, cheese, and graham crackers.  You usually eat lunch meat, eggs, chicken, all veggies, all fruits, yogurt, and goldfish crackers.  You love ice cream (Red Mango), and other cold treats.  You did NOT like pudding or your birthday cake.  You still have a bottle of milk before nap time and bed time.  You like it really warm.  I tried to give you cold milk in a cup and you did NOT like it.  We have to work on this one!

Sickness - You've had a few colds, the chicken pox, the stomach flu, and recently a fever of 104 for 3 days.  Your body tends to take things hard.  I don't think you have a very high pain tolerance.  After your immunizations you are always sore and cry a lot.  

Sleep - You are pretty good at sleeping through the night.  We had a rough month from traveling and you decided you didn't want to cooperate until I made you cry it out.  You kept getting up at 6am until we would come in.  Now you're back on track.  You go to bed at about 10pm and wake up at about 9am.  You take 1 solid 3 hour nap.  Sometimes it's 4 hours if I'm lucky, sometimes it's only 2.  This is one of my FAVORITE things about you, because your sister NEVER took long naps!  I usually hold you and put you in bed when you're asleep just because I like to snuggle you.  Sometimes you won't fall asleep so I can put you in your bed and you'll only cry for a few minutes and then you'll go right to sleep on your own.

Random - You LOVE to play with your sister.  You even let her wrestle you and beat you down.  You only cry if she takes your toy away from you.  

You love your binky.  You also like to HIDE your binky.  We keep finding it in the garbage can, drawers, cupboards, and toy box.  

You still LOVE Mickey Mouse!!!  The other day I was watching a tv show that had Disneyland on it and you saw Mickey Mouse talking to a little boy and you got SO EXCITED that you started laughing and almost crying because you were so happy.  Mommy cannot WAIT for you to meet him in person! 

You are completely OBSESSED with shoes.  Your own shoes, your sister's, your Dad's, and mine.  We are always finding you in our closet pulling out all of the shoes.  You like to put them on your hands and crawl around with them on there.  You'll even put them on your feet.  We went down the shoe isle at the store and you FREAKED out from all the shoes.  

Your favorite toys right now are your balls, cars, and anything new and interesting that your sister is playing with.  

You are such a sneaky mischievous little boy.  You get this grin on your face when you're being naughty, and if I say "Dirk"...  you turn and run away and giggle.  It is the funniest thing.  You love to play that game.  

You love to get into the cupboards and drawers and pull out all of the dishes.  You LOVE LOVE LOVE when I am doing the dishes in the dishwasher.  You'll actually help me take out the dishes and hand them to me so that I can put them away.  You get REALLY mad when we're done and there are no more dishes left to do. 

You love things that work and like to figure out why they move.  You love the vacuum.  You'll sit and pull at all the chords and buttons trying to figure out how to turn it on.  You also love the toilet.  You have yet to put anything into it, but I know eventually it will happen.  You HAVE to be in there when anyone else is, and you always sneak over to the toilet and lift up the lid to look inside. 

You like to throw tantrums when you don't get what you want.  You usually throw yourself on the floor and if you have your binky in your mouth you'll take it out and chuck it across the room.  It really is so cute and funny that we just laugh at you.

You are SUCH a breath of fresh air for me!  I was so worried about having a boy, but I cannot IMAGINE my life without you!!!  You are so sweet and snuggly. Even though you love when your dad comes home from work, you'll ALWAYS come back to me for snuggles and bed time.  You are just like your sister and love rubbing your face and hands on my arms when you're tired.  You are still a pretty snuggly baby and I love that about you.  You are the perfect fit to our family and we can't wait to watch you grow up more.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Cuuuuuuute! OHmygosh! Cuuuuuute!
Loved this post, so cute!
You are such an awesome Mommy!

Monica said...

Sheesh this makes me want to cry haha I'm glad we got to share his birthday with you.

Rachel Seren said...

He is a cutie!! Love the cake and cupcakes and that you did the same for both kiddos!

Bret and Ashlee said...

I can't believe he is already 1! Time goes by way to fast. I love his cake-you guys are so creative! RM next time you're down!?

Andrea said...

Cute pictures & post!!! :-)