Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend Fun

Lance and Kristi decided to come to Yellowstone for Labor Day Weekend.  I was still super pregnant and we decided to skip church that Sunday and meet them in the park!  I was hoping that the high elevation and storm that blew in that weekend would put me into labor, but it didn't work.  We still had a good time seeing our family and cousins for a few hours in the park.  

We met up at the Mud Pots and walked around them.  Kristi and Lance were nice enough to waddle in the back with me. HAHA







We drove down to West Thumb to try and have a picnic.  By the time we got there it was so cold we all ended up eating in our cars.  Kristi has never seen a bear in the park, and I kept telling her if she wanted to see a bear she has to come to the east side by us!  We left them at West Thumb and headed back to Cody... and then we saw a bear... 

HAHA



I'd ALWAYS wanted to have a Grizzly cross the road in front of us.  This guy was down the side of the road and Trent got out and snagged a few photos.  He got back in the car and then the bear came up and crossed the road, right in front of us!  It was so awesome!  Bucket list, check!

As we exited the park, there was a rainbow.  It was beautiful, and rainbows remind me of my mom because she said there was a rainbow the day I was born.  I hoped that was a good omen that I would go into labor that night!  But, it wasn't.  Oh well. HAHA

No comments: