Anyone else ever feel that way? Just wondered....
I'm really not fishing for compliments here either... I am very very VERY grateful for everything that I have... and I mostly wish I could be a better person and give back more to everyone that I love and spend more time with everyone I love, and be more positive, happy, and loving.
Trent's Grandma died today. She was a great lady... she always made me laugh. She's German, and she always spoke her mind. When I had a miscarriage... she told me how sorry she was, and talked about how she had a still born at 40 weeks and how hard that was... ya know, back in 1950 when they birthed their kids at home. She loved that Trent and I were married in the Manti temple, where she was married and where her ancestors have all worked in that temple. I think it made us a little bit more special to her. She will be missed by all who knew her.
She reminded me a lot, A LOT, of my Grandma Reah. My Grandma passed away when I was 16... the night of my first Homecoming dance... I still remember everything about that night. And ... I still miss my Grandma every day. I wish Trent could've gotten to know her... even for a few years like I got to know his Grandma. I miss her red mush, and her Chocolate Cake, and her tuna sandwiches... and her crunchy old stale marshmellows up in the cupboard... and I miss the way she said "stockins" instead of socks... or "paints" instead of crayons. I miss her sweet voice, and wish I could hear her on the phone asking if it was LANCE? or KATIE? cause she could never tell us apart. HAHAHAHAH
Death is never easy.... but it's a part of life. I am so SO grateful to know that this life doesn't end with death. I KNOW that there is life after death, and that we will be with our families forever if we live righteously. I am so grateful for my Savior, who died for me and for you, to make that possible. I'm thankful for temples and for my temple marriage to my sweet, amazing, husband... so that our family will be together forever. I am so blessed to be part of such a great heritage... and I am so thankful for the examples that my family has set for me. I will strive to continue to set that example for our children and grandchildren.
I just watched this video... it is really good... you should watch it too.
4 comments:
You know, I woke up this morning NOT crying...but any time someone's grandma passes away, the water works come. My grandma passed away 3 1/2 years ago and I still think of her and miss her every single day.
I am sorry for Trent's loss, but I too am grateful for the knowledge that we have.
(Oh...and I always read other people's blogs--including yours--and think about how everyone else's lives are way more cool than mine. Why do you think I am now blogging about things I read in a book?! Ha ha)
I'm so sad for Trent.. Thanks for sharing about your Grandma that was cute, and thanks for your testimony... just like Chelsee said, I GUARANTEE people read your blog and think Man, that Katie is OOOBER crafty and creative! I do all the time haha!
I love the Mormon Messages! They're always so good! I loved Grandma Lamb's stale graham crackers too hehe and the gooey (or rock solid) chex mix she usually had :)
I seriously don't understand how people have time to be such amazing mothers and wives. Someday we'll perfect it...maybe hehe and you can come over any time for a frozen treat! It's not as good left over and we always have extra :)
I feel the same way about other people's lives. I too envy your craftiness! The only thing I can do is make homemade flour tortillas. One things is for sure....our husbands think we are amazing for all we do, right?
I am sorry for you loss.
Post a Comment