Monday, August 29, 2011

Life...

Life with 2 kids is good! I was totally freaked out that I would be crazy. I still can function! YAY! Maybe Dirk is just a good baby... (yeah he is.... I don't know how I lucked out.) Brenika isn't too bad.... she listens on occasion.... okay so she really doesn't. Though... there is a lot of Time Outs going on around here! hahaha I am getting good sleep, and Dirk eats like a champ. I can still sew and get things done I like to around the house.... it's not been too shabby!

I hate pumping. Have I ever said that before? Well.... I hate it. I decided to go back to work. I start Tuesday. It seriously took me 4 weeks to decide. I still am apprehensive about it. I am getting anxiety when I think about it. I can't decide if it's because I had such bad anxiety with Brenika when I went back to work with her... or if it's because I'll have to pump. I dunno. But, I'm gonna at LEAST try it. If I still have anxiety in a few weeks... I can always quit right? I'm excited to work again for the chance to get a small workout and get out of the house. I LOVE working in the temple so if I'm going to work it may as well be there. Ohhhhhhhhhhh but the pumping. I HATE HATE HATE the pumping. I gave Dirk his first bottle tonight.... he did great. Phew. But as I pumped out..... I wanted to cry. I hate it. Did I mention I HATE IT??!?! Oh.... I did... a few times. BLEH.

Brenika is NOT listening to me, as I mentioned. It is driving me CRAZY! It's not just me... she doesn't listen to Trent or my mom or ANYONE. I do the time out thing... and she HATES sitting in time out... but she goes RIGHT back to doing what she wasn't supposed to be doing in the first place. So, obviously it's not working. What to do... what to do... Any advice will be appreciated! BAH. HAHA The other day.... I set Dirk on the couch in the corner... (I promise he was safe). Brenika was watching TV. I went to let the dog outside... and Trent was out there working on his car. So I went out for seriously 1 minute to see how he was doing. The equivalent of if I had gone pee or something. I come back in... and Brenika has SHOVED a blanket on Dirk's face pretty much suffocating him... and she heard me come in and RAN behind the couch. SHE KNEW she shouldn't have done that... yet.... she did it anyway? GRRRR. Did she do it for the attention? So annoying. Time out... ya naughty turd! I am at my wits end.

Trent kinda sorta got a job offer.... ish... in the works. It's still with Aflac, just a different District. It's.... 8 hours from here. In another state. In a small town of 10,000 people.... where the biggest store is a Walmart. Not even a Costco. What would I do without a Costco? I mean really.... I am pathetic! haha The nearest one is 2 hours away. And what about a Hobby Lobby? I would have to order everything online! There isn't even a gym! Oh.... who am I kidding, I don't go to the gym. LOL So... it's on the agenda. We are seriously considering it. Of course we'd have to go there and check it out and meet people and stuff before we officially decided. Kinda sorta freaks me out. NOT the moving away from my family part... but the living in a small town. I'm such a spoiled rural chick. HAHA And.... maybe I would miss my sisters. And Brenika would go crazy without her cousins. She loves her cousins.

So that's kinda life around here lately. Brenika's birthday party is coming up. I'm excited. Excited to spoil her. I keep buying her stuff and Trent said... "Well she's not spoiled at all is she?!?!" HAHA... NOT BY ME! I can't help myself. I like just having 1 girl and 1 boy. I wanted another girl so bad but now... I like that I can spoil them both in their own ways. I got my princess... and my stud. Lovin it.

Maybe next time I blog I'll post pictures.

And did I mention I hate pumping? Well... it's true.

Peace out. hahah peace out. Like anyone actually READS my blog. Except my Dad when he's not busy at work (HI DAD)... and maybe my sister. haha

12 comments:

Monica said...

Yes I read your blog :)

Heather said...

You stinker...there are many people who read your blog! I hear ya on the pumping...no fun! I think the first few months after a baby is born most kids struggle with sharing their parents attention...she should get better, but my advice would be to keep up on the time out, or shift to something that she really values...
TV time, a treat after a meal...etc...with a few of my kids time out is pointless, but I find what they REALLY value and take it away...works for the most part...Good luck girly!

Jess said...

Kyra is in that same stage!! I always thought I was a patient person, but now I am not so sure... haha :) Yay for "life is good!" :)

Chelsee said...

Pish posh! I always read your blog!!! :)

Adam & Ashley said...

Elliana use to headbutt Elias all the time. She would also shake him and get really mad. I think it's just getting use to the other sibling. She's doing a lot better so just hang in there!
Small towns aren't all that bad either. I have to drive 2 hours for our costco too. It sucks cause it's 'the road to hana' and I get sick every time. I also do the online shopping. And yes, there are BUTT LOADS of cockroaches. I have to check the shower every time before I get in. The kids had one crawl into their bath yesterday.....bleh so gross! I yelled at Adam. (like it was his fault haha) Hey let me know if you guys ever come this way! We would love to see you! By the way, your kids are ADORABLE! I love the pictures you got of Dirk. I am jealous. I couldn't think of any cute things to do for a boy but those pictures are awesome!

Carly said...

yeah Kaius loves her but he punches or headbutts her probably every day. so annoying.
ah! move? eek!

Molly said...

Hey - I read your blog! :) Glad things are going well. Yes, Brennika is acting out for attention. If you're like me, I'm full of empty threats. I'm not good at disaplning! "No snack if you do that, or no tv." A few hours later, they get what they want, because I give in. Oh well.

Good Luck with the decision to move! We have Costco 50 minutes away - just far enough to be too far. But, it helps - because if it was any closer, I'd go broke! :)

luke and kourt said...

Thank you for always leaving nice comments on my blog. Your newborns of Dirk are way cute and I'm glad that life with 2 kids isn't as crazy as you expected ♥

Kristi said...

Costco, Walmart? What about me?! You are so selfish to be leaving me! :)

Danica said...

I read your blog too!! I hope everything works out good!! If you need to you can send Brenika my way, she plays so good with my girls! xoxox

Andrea said...

I read your blog too :) Congrats to you & Trent for the new DSC Job!!!!

Deidra said...

I read your blog and Nica was doing that for a little bit. We started telling Nica how it made us feel rather than just getting mad at her. It has helped. Hope it gets better.