Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dirk's Blessing


We blessed Dirk a few weeks ago, on 08/21/11. We decided to do it a few weeks before fast Sunday so that my brother could be there before he moved.... but then he ended up not being there anyway. HAHA Funny thing is... he flew back and was actually here on fast Sunday. We missed him.

It was a special day. It always is. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. The circle was huge. Filled with so many loved ones that hold the Priesthood that could surround my little man and bless him. I am so thankful for a Husband that holds the Priesthood and honors it and uses it. I am so thankful for a Father that continues to teach his sons and sons in law to honor their Priesthood. I am so proud of my brother in law, Chase, who recently was ordained an Elder and was able to stand in the circle. I am so thankful for my brothers and the example they are to my husband. So many men in Dirk's life that he has to look up to. I hope and pray that he follows their example. That he lives up to the blessings his father blessed him with. That he too, will serve a mission, go to the temple, and hold the Priesthood like his father and grandfathers.

All of our family and friends that were there that day to support us. (Missing Clay and Cheryl)

The Honorable men who stood in the circle. (Clay missing)

My handsome boys

Our little family.

4 Generations

My boy in his blessing outfit. I wanted him to look like his Daddy. I hate all the cheesy boy blessing outfits. Gag. haha Can I just tell you how hard it was to find those cargo shorts? My sister in law is an internet wizard and found them on Ebay for me!

His little Kicks... that BARELY fit his long feet. This boy is going to be tall.... I can tell already!

Trent always wears sweater vests. I wanted one for Dirk, but NO ONE has white sweater vests for babies. My AMAZINGLY talented Bishop's wife, Robbie Butler, knitted the vest for Dirk. AMAZING. It was EXACTLY what I wanted!!!! I want her to teach me to make them so I can make some other colored ones for winter! Love love love it!!!


I am very blessed. I love my little boy and am so grateful to be his mother, that our Heavenly Father has entrusted me with His children. I only hope I can teach them to continue on the right path.

4 comments:

sourfleed said...

Adorable outfit!! I couldn't agree more about the cheesy boy blessing outfits!!

I have a DARLING knitted vest pattern - What colors do you want for winter??

Katie said...

haha I wouldn't care! Any color!

Jake and Ashlee said...

I am just going to blog stock you now! Your kids are so cute! Brenika is so big!

Monica said...

I didn't know Robbie made his vest. He is so adorable. Beautiful blessing :)