Wednesday, February 15, 2012

7 Months.... and a tooth?


Yeah, my baby has a tooth. WHAT?!?! It popped through on Sunday. Brenika didn't pop a tooth until she was 11 months old. Dirk is 7 months. There are NOT supposed to be teeth yet. I have never experienced breastfeeding with teeth. Yikes. We'll see how this goes! So far so good.

I never did a 6 month update on Dirk because I didn't have my camera cord, and I hadn't taken him to his check up yet. I hate the Doctor's here.... that is another post all on it's own. So, I decided to wait until we went to Utah to take him to my pediatrician that I love.

He weighed 17lb 9oz 50% and was 27inches long 50%. He is average. It's weird to have an average baby and not a GIANT like his sister was. I still feel like he's too skinny and tiny.... but it was just that Brenika was freakin Ffffffaaaaaaattttttt. Oh but I loved that chunk of meat. HEHE

I took these pictures of Dirk when he was 6 months.





Here are a few things he's doing.

He rolls EVERYWHERE and has been rolling since November but he still rolls everywhere.

He started fully sitting on his own on Christmas day. He loves to sit and play but he'd rather be rolling around from toy to toy.

He is sorta crawling. He's not up on all 4's but mostly crawls on his elbows like an army type crawl. He half rolls/half crawls his way around. He's getting faster at it and I don't like it. HAHA

He started solids and stuff at 6 months. He likes most of the baby food. Except Bananas. HE HATES them. Gags and spits it out. He liked them for a minute but now he does not. Weird. Just like his momma. (Yes, I hate bananas.)


I took this on his first time trying food.

I think his favorite foods are Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans. I have been trying to do more of my own natural foods for him, but most of the time I get the Organic baby food jars. For my lazier days.

He doesn't eat like Brenika did. He stops when he's done. He never finishes it all. It's so weird to me.

He loooooooooooooooves the bath. He flips and rolls and splashes and plays in the water. He cries when I take him out. I let him take baths with Brenika and they could play in there for hours. But I usually only let them play for 10 minutes.

He LOVES Mickey Mouse. He plays with a little stuffed Mickey Brenika had. If Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on TV he stops and watches the beginning part where just Mickey is talking. I need to get it on video. It's hilarious. He must love it from hearing it while he was in the womb.

He is such a momma's boy. When he doesn't see me and is playing with his sister or dad he's totally fine. But, if I walk by he screams at me and wants me to hold him. I love it and hate it at the same time. I hate it because I can't not pick him up. Oh he has me wrapped around his finger.

He does this little thing with his hands. When he gets excited or wants something he hold his hands up and opens and closes them. It worried me the Doctor assured me it's okay for now, and to only worry if he continues to do it after a year. It's cute but it freaks me out a little. I am nervous about that kind of stuff.

I moved him out of my room into his room a few weeks ago. He was still in the pack and play in our room. He's in his crib now and wakes up every morning somewhere between 4 and 5. It's so annoying. He just needs his binky and he usually goes back to sleep, but it is so exhausting. I worry about him waking up Brenika with his screaming so I Trent goes in and comforts him. But, now I think he's used to it. We're going to have to nip that in the butt. Fast.

He laughs and smiles and loves his sister.



He is such a sweet boy and oh I love him so much. I want him to stay my baby forever. Is that okay? STOP growing little boy!!!

4 comments:

Monica said...

I love all these pictures! I nursed Lily forever with teeth and it only got bad when she turned one so you should be fine :)

Danica said...

He is SERIOUSLY SOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE... you are so good at taking pics.. I need to be better!!

Bridget said...

This was such a sweet post! I loved reading about Dirk! :)
I breastfed both our boys with teeth, and honestly it wasn't fun, but for some crazy mom reason I still did it. Ha ha. Good luck!

Molly said...

ha, you wouldn't have lasted long with my kids. They all had teeth at 4 months....crazy!! He sure is a cutie!