Craftin
The nice thing about being in the middle of nowhere.... is that I have time to do crafty stuff. Brenika and Dirk play nicely together (most of the time), so I can do stuff while they play. Here are a few of my latest things.
Thanks to Pinterest, I've got lots of things I want to do, but I will probably never do them all. I really want to sew... but I haven't pulled out my machine yet, mostly because I'm sad I don't have a Bernina to work with anymore. Sad. So I've been doing a lot of crocheting.
I saw these little babies on Pinterest that someone pinned from an Etsy shop. They have washers for the mouths so you can fish for them with a magnet attached to a rod. On our drive to Utah I figured out a pattern and wrote it down and made them! Aren't they cute? I have to say... that the effort that goes into making them, is probably not worth it. HAHA I haven't found the right magnets for the fishing pole yet, so the fishing pole isn't made yet. Walmart didn't have what I need. Shocking.
I crocheted this dress for my newest niece, Alex. It's her blessing dress. I made the headband and shoes to match. I love how it turned out on her, isn't she a DOLL?!?! Ohhhh, I love her. Having sisters with babies is the BEST!!!! (I miss my sisters, SO MUCH, in case you didn't know.)
I found this pattern on Etsy and HAD HAD HAD to buy it to make it for Dirk's 6 month pictures. Oh, how I love it. I haven't gotten his pictures back yet. I can't wait to see them, even though he didn't smile and he hated having this on his head. But it's so adorable.
I made another hat for my niece, Dallis. Someday I will get it in the mail to her.
We draw names in my family for Christmas... and this year we had Brette and Chase. Brette wanted her last name in letters, so these are the letters I made for her.






She loved how they turned out, but Chase thought they were too frilly. HAHA That's what Brette wanted though. She picked out her own paper and I just did all the rest. I tried to find some cute stylish feathers to go on them, but I didn't succeed in my limited time. They are still pretty cute. I now need to get started on my own. But who wants to sand 8 letters?? Not I.
So that's what I do in my spare time. Between breastfeeding, playing Candyland with Brenika, cooking/baking/cleaning, and wasting way too much time on Facebook/Pinterest.
5 comments:
very cute crafts. I wish I was more crafty. I always say I'll do it when we're out of school and in a house - but I highly doubt it! :)
Hello litte miss talented!!! Stop making the rest of us look bad! ;)
Seriously, you could sell this stuff, it's so darling!!
I don't know how you do it with two kids...I'm hoping I get there someday! I love all of it :) especially Alex's dress hehe
You are SO crafty! I wish I had even an ounce of desire to do what you've done! If you didn't have so many sisters to craft for, I might start putting in my orders too. :)
You seriously ARE THE BEST!! I love everything you make!
Post a Comment