Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dear Charles....


Today I am sad for your loss. I am sad that I didn't get to come see you on your 90th birthday party because I had moved further away.

I am happy that you are with your wife. You always worried that she was going to pick her 1st husband over you, and I just know that she picked you. Why wouldn't she?

Thank you for treating me like your Granddaughter. You were more like a Grandpa to me than my own Grandpa. Thank you for letting me share a small part of my life with you. I will always treasure my time in St. George with you. You taught me how a real man should treat a woman. I'm so glad you got to meet my husband and that you liked him. I'm so glad you got to meet my little girl and let her run around crazy in your home.

I will miss you, even though you are in the best place of all. The loss of you is bittersweet because I know how long you've been waiting to be reunited with your wife and your mom and your sister. Give my Grandma Reah a big fat hug for me. I miss her like crazy, just as I will miss you.

Love, Katie Jo

2 comments:

Monica said...

Very cute post. I got teary eyed. He was like a Grandpa Lamb for us since we never met Glen. :)

Bridget said...

I'm sorry for your loss Katie!