ME ME ME!
So I packed up my kids and we went to Utah for 2 weeks to hang out, take care of the animals, and pretty much do nothing. It was fabulous!!!!
We decided to fly 1 way and see how the kids did. I was a tiny bit worried about flying by myself with my kids for the first time... but we all did great! I had to check 2 bags, 2 car seats, and carry on Dirk and 2 bags. HAHAHA The ladies checking me in thought I was a crazy person. Getting through security by myself was no easy task. I hate the shoes thing. Seriously.So.Annoying.
Getting on the plane people were looking at me like.... REALLY? You have 2 kids with you.... greeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaattttttttttt.
The flight lasted a total of 45 minutes. Yes, that fast. It was SO MUCH BETTER than driving. I packed food/candy/gum/ipod/crayons/blankies/everything I could think of to carry on just in case either of them had a meltdown. What a waste. BOTH of them did so great. Brenika LOVED watching out the window... by the time we got up in the air and they brought around peanuts and drinks we were landing! I kept asking her if she wanted to watch a movie on the ipod, she did not.
Dirk laughed and was so happy. There was a guy sitting behind us that had a hat on that he thought was Trent, so it kept him entertained.
I got a little queasy. Vomit. I had to take deep breaths and focus on my kids so that I didn't puke. Old age sucks I tell you. Those small planes just aren't as steady as the big ones. But the 45 minutes of pukiness was so worth it rather than driving 8 hours.
We had about 10 min left in the air and Brenika got REALLY tired and was acting so weird. Dirk also fell asleep. We got off the plane and had to go pick up our luggage and I was carrying my sleeping baby, and pretty much DRAGGING Brenika by the hand. She just kept saying how tired she was. I had TALKED AND TALKED AND TALKED to her about being good and holding my hand in the big scary airport. (She thinks it's oh so funny to run away from us in public places, like the store and the library.) I was so worried about her running away.... but I was WRONG.... she was exhausted!
Thanks to my Dad for saving us at the baggage claim.... a cute nice lady watched me try to collect all of my baggage and actually came up and asked me how on EARTH was I going to get outside?!?! hahaha Grandpa to the rescue.
I'd say our first flight was a SUCCESS! Now, we will definitely be flying to Disneyland... none of this 3 day driving nonsense!
After we got to my parents house I realized Brenika had a fever of 101. Oops. Sorry people on the plane.... no wonder she was tired! And so began our lovely vacation!
4 comments:
I totally forgot to ask how the flight went so I'm glad you posted about it! I'm terrified of flying with my girls so you are one brave mommy to try it on your own. Flying to Disneyland seems so expensive...but I do like the idea of a faster trip!
hahaha. I'm sorry - I thought your story was so funny! I wish I could fly for 45 minutes and be home. Last spring, I flew with all three girls - with a layover of about 8 hour total travel. (Definitely better than driving 2,000 miles.) I'm glad you had a good first experience! We might have to make that dreaded drive across country this summer. Buying plane tickets for 5 and then renting a car once we get there for a month is SO DANG EXPENSIVE! Anyway - enough about me. Glad you had a good trip!
oh, by the way - somehow that clicked anonymous...weird.
You are so brave! And awesome! I bet the kids loved it! The boys would probably die to get to be on a plane, ha ha. But Mamma isn't brave enough.. and we haven't really had the opportunity. But this makes me up for trying it someday. Poor Brenika, I hope she's feeling better now!
Post a Comment