Brenika wakes up sometime around 9ish. Sometimes it's earlier, but usually it's 9. She goes downstairs and turns on the tv and watches cartoons until Dirk and I get up. Unless she goes to the bathroom and wakes me up, or yells at me that she wants to eat breakfast. HAHA
I am NOT a morning person. EVER. It doesn't matter if I go to bed at 11pm or 2am.... I cannot function before 9. You should see me at 9am church. It's ridiculous. Dirk wakes me up by playing with my face. Then he talks to me and pulls my hair. Brenika always hears us and comes up the stairs.
This is my favorite thing.
When she comes in the room, Dirk IMMEDIATELY giggles and laughs at her. She runs from one side of my bed to the other pretending to "get" him, and he laughs and laughs. I lay there next to him and beam with pride at my 2 fantastic children. They make me smile.
I took this picture with my phone the other morning while they were playing on the bed next to me. Getting them to hold still for pictures is always a challenge. But, you can see through the fuzzy picture, just how happy these 2 are in the mornings when they haven't seen each other all night long.
I love them. And this morning ritual full of giggles makes it that much easier to get going in the morning.
3 comments:
Oh gosh, this was so me before Boston started kindergarten. I have never been a morning person. Ever. I miss the slow mornings with my boys! Summer can't come soon enough! That picture of Brenika and Dirk is precious! So sweet!
I love this post! You would die with my children...Lily is up for the day and it's 6 am...
You're one lucky mom!! my kids are earlier risers and have to eat the moment they wake up. Enjoy it while you can! Brenika's hair is getting so long!!
Post a Comment