Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hoooo Haws

This post is all about boobs.

Yes.... boobs.

Why is breastfeeding/weening such an emotional thing for me?

The past 2 days have been completely EXHAUSTING. I am at my wits end with this baby with TEETH. STUPID STUPID TEETH! He is such a biter biter biter. I haven't nursed him at all today because every.single.time I try, he BITES. And it's not nice. I was in tears more than my share of times right along with him. We are both so frustrated. As I was feeding him a bottle... he was biting the bottle too. He lets go for a second and bites it, just like he does to me.

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY.... I have/am trying everything to figure it out... but ANY suggestions would be appreciated!

I could be okay with weaning him right now, but at the same time, I'm not quite ready. Brenika was weaned at 11 months... right before she got any teeth. She weaned herself. Dirk doesn't want to be weaned. He drinks the bottle, then he rubs himself all over my neck/chest/arms and wants to nurse. And then he bites. Again. and again. and AGAIN! UGHGHGHGUGUGHG

I've tried just pulling him off and putting him on the ground and walking away.
I've tried flipping him on the mouth.
I've tried talking to him sweetly saying "no no no, we don't bite"
I've tried giving him a teething toy and saying, "we don't bite mommy, we bite this."

He always wants more, so then I let him try again and he bites. So today after he bites, I set him down and get a bottle and give him a bottle instead. PLEASE someone who reads this have another suggestion and tell me what to do! BAH!

2 comments:

Janie said...

I messaged you on fb!

Bridget said...

UG! I am so sorry! I seriously and greatly dislike breastfeeding. OK, so I pretty much hate it. I keep looking back and wonder how I made it past a year with both boys... both biters. Really looking forward to starting up again with Elli. :P Ok, maybe I need a visit from the good attitude fairy.

I am racking my brain trying to remember how I got the boys to stop biting. Tagg especially was a biter. I remember one time it hurt so bad I screamed so loud it made him cry. I don't think he bit for a while after that one. Other than that I would always put him down if he bit. Biting = no boobs! But I don't remember anything else. Funny how we can forget all of the details so fast.
Good luck!