The last time I went to Utah I wanted to go to the zoo really bad. The day I decided to go, it was kinda cold, so we didn't go. This time, I HAD to go to the zoo. Since Brette and Chase are out of school for the summer they came too! It was Dallis and Dirk's first time to the zoo. I'm glad Chase was there to help me corral my wild child. It was fun!!!
 |
| I rented this double stroller... and these 2 girls LOVED it. |
 |
| So Dirk was chillin in the pink girly stroller. HAHA |
|
|
 |
| LET'S GO! |
 |
| Here is proof that I was there! hahaha Dirk was pretty wary of the huge elephant. |
 |
| I can't believe the baby is still a baby! It was so cute. It kept running around and splashing in the water and then rolling in the dirt. The other 2 elephants were eating. |
 |
| As the elephant would wave it's trunk up and down eating the food, Dirk would wave back at it. It was so cute!!!!! He loved watching all the animals! I thought he would take a nap, but he stayed awake the ENTIRE time. |
|
 |
| GIRAFFE'S! |
 |
| It's no surprise that my kids LOVED the giraffe's the most. The one came up really close to us inside and bent his head down. Oh, I love them. Dirk wouldn't take his eyes off of them. We love giraffe's. |
 |
| This HUGE guy was eating his lunch too. Most of the animals were. He kept looking at us. Man, they are so scary looking with those deep set eyes. |
 |
| Gorilla's are Chase's favorite animals. |
And of course the Infamous Gorilla poses!
 |
| Chase |
 |
| Brette |
 |
| Brenika. We tried to get Dallis to stand there but she wouldn't. |
 |
| He was seriously so tired! haha |
 |
| LOVING IT! |
We had a great time at the zoo. I always forget how lame and small the Hogle Zoo is. Although, it is nice to be able to get it all done in a few hours and not have to spend all day there. It'll definitely be more exciting when the Bear Exhibits are done!
PS... in case you were wondering, my kids were fully over the Chicken Pox when I took them to Utah. :) We were able to postpone our trip a few days until they weren't contagious anymore. Phew. It was a much needed vacation for me!!!! I got to go see The Hunger Games with my husband, the Lucky One with my best friend, eat Red Mango, see my temple, visit my friend who had a baby, and of course be with family.
1 comment:
I love all the zoo pictures! That's so fun that Dirk waved at the elephants hehe
Post a Comment