Monday, June 30, 2014

Random Summer Fun

This summer, being super pregnant, I was all geared up for a Hot Hot brutal summer.  I got a pool for the kids, and planned on sitting outside under the cold water all day.  Well, God was nice to me.  It wasn't a hot summer at all!!  There were only maybe 2 weeks out of the entire summer that it got up to 90.  It was even too cold for the pool because the water is so cold.  Every time I would fill it up, the kids would only play an hour before they were too cold! HAHA  We did go out a few times, and did some other fun stuff too.  Anything different was good, and a good way to escape mom and her pregnancy anger. Ha  Here are a bunch of photos of a few things, in no particular order. 

Trent took Brenika fishing one evening by herself.  She caught this fish all by herself with her pink barbie fishing pole!  That pole has caught fish almost every time it's been used!  No need to go buy a fancy rod, people, the pink barbie pole is where it's at!!  (Or, her dad just knows what bait to use haha).

Needless to say, she came home so muddy.  I may or may not have freaked out since her shoes were only a few weeks old.

He took both kids fishing again, and they saw a water snake.  Dirk thought it was pretty cool.



This was the first time the pool was put up.  It was cold.  They would barely sit in it.  And the pool sucks.  The sides don't stay up, hence the chairs in the pool.  Never buy this kind of pool.  Such a waste. 



Took a little video too... watch it here.

Dirk loves back packs.  He calls them pack packs.  Or a pack pack lunch.  HAHA   So he wanted to play with it outside.  
And you can see the buckets and the pile of rocks.  I have hated that half our yard is rocks, but man those rocks keep them so entertained.  Brenika could "wash" the rocks for days.




It was so nice we walked to the park a lot, and I would take my crochet stuff and crochet while the kids played.  It was so relaxing. 



Trent likes to wash the cars every so often, so the kids were helping, or not helping.  It was cute so I took some photos.   





One day when the kids wanted the pool up, I said how about the sprinklers.  I was wishing we had a trampoline with the sprinkler under it, like I had growing up.  Then I remembered we had our mini trampoline!  I pulled it out, and put the tiny sprinkler under it.  They LOVED it!   









I even got in on the action! HAHA


There was also lots of sitting, tv watching, movie watching and other lazy activities going on.  I'm not the best mom when I'm pregnant, but at least there is proof that I didn't just sit on my butt all summer.  

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Fun fun fun! And you ARE an awesome mom! Also, super impressed with the blogging with a newborn! Standing ovation for supermom.

Monica said...

I'm pretty sure you get out more than me :) now I'm wishing we had a mini tramp haha