Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Very Merry UN-BIRTHDAY... indeed!

With my due date for this baby a few days before Brenika's birthday, I knew there was no way I was going to be able to do much of anything for her birthday.  With some thought and planning, I talked her into letting me do a summer party for her.  We decided together that since it wasn't REALLY going to be her birthday, we would have an UN-birthday party!  We themed it out like Alice in Wonderland.  It was super fun!!!

We did a tea party, played GIANT croquet, decorated mini cupcakes, and had cake and ice cream.  She invited 8 girls.  Which was 4 girls too many. HAHA  Next time I won't be quite so ambitious!  

I decorated the door like a rabbit hole.

Tea Party table

Balloons make a birthday party so much better.

Fruite

Pigs in a Blanket

Cheetos

Party Favors.

We put the mini cupcakes we decorated in their eat me boxes.


We live across the street from a golf course, and this side piece of grass isn't on the course.  So, we set up our GIANT game of croquet there.  You take pool noodles and tent pegs for the rings.  Then kick a soccer ball through and play croquet.  


Doesn't it look so great?!?!


Too bad it didn't last long.  They got so bored waiting for each other to take their turns.  I don't think any of them had ever played even the real game of croquet.  It was a bummer.  It was also BLISTERING hot this day.  They all came inside sweaty and bored.

I decided we would have them decorate their own mini cupcakes.  Um, big mistake.  They are just too little at 6.  I had to help them do the frosting, the sprinkles got EVERYWHERE, and it was more just a pain for me. I think, THINK, they enjoyed it.  I guess that's all that matters.  Proof that I was gloriously pregnant!


Cake Time!

I made a GIANT cupcake cake for the tea party.

This was the first time I had done the cake without ANY help from my mom at all.  I definitely need practice in my piping.  But, at least it tasted good!





I made the cake checkered to go along with the Alice theme.  






From left to right
Top = Katelyn, Lauren, Quinn, Kira, Elliana
Bottom = Dirk, Brenika, Hailey, Jamie, Kindle


I am so grateful that Brenika has so many girl friends.  She is such a sweet heart and such a cute girl.  She has so many friends, and isn't shy at all.  They all had so much fun!  I'm glad I was able to do something special for her before the baby came.

1 comment:

Monica said...

She is such a sweet cutie. I need to post about Alex's birthday now :)