Swimming lessons is always a joyous time, except for mom's. The going back and forth, the waiting, the washing of hair; it's all a giant pain. Add on top of that an 8 month pregnant me, and it was a brutal 2 weeks.
First of all, they only had 1 time for Dirk's age class and 1 time for the class level of Brenika. No, they weren't at the same time. They were an hour apart. So, Brenika was first and then a half hour break, and then Dirk. Luckily Trent was able to bring me Dirk after I had Brenika all washed and dressed, but some days he couldn't, and it was not fun. Trying to keep Dirk entertained and from running rampant throughout the rec center while I helped Brenika, was challenging. Let's just say I relied on the Ipad, a lot!
I had this brilliant idea to have Brenika wear a swimming cap so that I wouldn't have to wash her hair every day.
Except that it didn't really work. It fell off every single day. I still kept putting it on her in the hopes that it would stay on at least once, but it never did. They aren't for keeping hair dry, they really are just to make you a faster better competitive swimmer. Just FYI.
Brenika's class had 5 kids total. It was great for her. She did really awesome and got lots of one on one attention. (Her previous lessons for winter were not the same.) She loved her teacher, she learned a lot, and did really well!!
Last year she was TERRIFIED to jump off the diving board. This year, there was a tiny bit of hesitation, but she jumped right off!
See, failed swimming cap. HAHA
Dirk was in the beginning class. There were 8 kids! The first day there were 2 teachers. 2 teachers was NOT enough for 8 little naughty 2 and 3 year olds. They added a third teacher really fast. Dirk's little friend, Cooper, was in the same class. It was sort of a disaster. Dirk is pretty naughty. He had a rough few days listening. What was bad, was Dirk would wander off to the slide or wherever he wanted, and Cooper would follow! HAHA Classic case of leader and follower with these two boys. One of the days Dirk TOOK OFF running toward the deep end. He thought his teacher was over there, and just bolted. I freaked out. I jumped up and started running after him. Watch out for the 8 month pregnant lady RUNNING after her naughty boy. It was giant scene, that's for sure! HA By the end of his 2 weeks, he really calmed down and loved his lessons. He called his teacher "his boy" and told him he loved him. So cute.
Cooper and Dirk
There was lots of dumping water on the teachers every day.
Dirk, doing his own thing. NOT listening.
Jumping to the teacher. No fear.
At the end of class every day they got to go down the fish slide. Every day Dirk would cry at the end of class and refused to get out. His teacher always had to carry him to me. There were tears and all. So much fun.
Next up, swimming lessons in the winter whilst holding kid #3. Yikes. Should be interesting.
1 comment:
Such cute pictures! I want my girls to swim so bad but I don't know when they'll finally start catching on haha
Post a Comment