This is where we stayed... I love WorldMark!!!
Tai was spoiled getting to swim!
There was so much snow... this is looking outside of the pool area!
Tai and Grandma and Grandpa had fun swimming each night. Trent and I don't swim in chlorine! hehe
There were TONS of buffalo in the park... I have never seen so many!
They made a road block for a good half hour... it was crazy!
The snow was piled above Tai's head!
We are waiting for Old Faithful!! We called Kristi, and she was able to spot us on the web cam online... it was fun for Tai to talk her her and know that she could see him.
It's starting....
Good Old Faithful!
We were able to see a Grizzley Bear on the side of the road. Look close, he's laying down feasting on some poor animal I'm sure!
It was so crazy windy at all the Geysers!
Tai did not like the smell... hahaha... does anyone?
Seriously the snow was just annoying, but Tai liked to throw snow balls at all of us any chance he could get!
I'm surprised I even smiled! It was too cold for a spring break!
This is one of the waterfalls, don't ask me names. It's cool that it's still icy.
Us at the waterfall.
Mmmmm the yummy smell of poo at the geysers!
Tai and me liked the Mammoth Hot Springs, even though they were still frozen!
Mammoth
It was fun being with them all!
Yes, I was wearing my flip flops in the snow. HAHAHAHA
I think this coyote was Tai's favorite. There was a dead buffalo carcass that it kept eating off of. The coyote would climb all the way in and then come back out and look around. He was being very cautious... of the bears I'm sure!
There were tons of Elk too. This was a close up from the side of the road. Too bad they're never this close in hunting season!
The baby buffalo were SO CUTE! We got some cute video footage of them. Perfect time of year if you want to see the babies!
Yellowstone is definitely pretty, even if there is still snow!
This is at the Bear and Wolf preservation center. Tai cracks me up!
I was happy we could watch the bears from this little room.
It was freeeeeeezing!
They have 2 Grizzley's out at all times, there are 12 total. It was cool to watch them. They would dig in the snow and climb the trees and wrestle with each other.
Tai in a bear trap!
...and another one!
The wolves were so pretty.
They kept howling... it's their way of communication. (And it's not true that they howl at the full moon, they howl every night.)
It's hard to imagine them being so mean.. they are so pretty looking!
Digging his way out I'm sure!
On the way home we stopped at the new Rexburg Idaho temple! It was so windy... Tai was a little sad we couldn't have a picnic by the temple. We had to eat in the car.
Then we stopped at the Idaho Falls temple too.
Peace... right Tai? HAHA
This is why it's Idaho Falls... so pretty!
Trent knew about this cool statue thing by the city center when he worked up there for a few weeks. It was cool to see.It was a nice weekend getaway. Tai was such a good kid the whole time, even with being in the car for that long. It was so fun. He cracks me up!!!! We played tons of fun car games with him.... he's so smart. I love the kid so much!!!!!!! Thanks mom and dad for taking us to Yellowstone.... wish everyone could've gone!
12 comments:
Wow, looks like you guys had a lot of fun! And hey you don't look bad at all! You are an adorable prego!
Man what I wouldn't give to see the stinky smelly sights of yellowstone! I miss utah! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
thats so fun! Sorry I have been slacking on my comments! But I think yellowstone looks fun and kankles don't last forever. :)
I've never been to yellowstone but these pics totaly make me want to go. I can't believe how much snow there was! We have had such crazy weather. When do we get to see your cute prego belly?
You look so cute and your husband looks like he is just SO in love with you in EVERY picture of you two together. I love it. Yellowstone looks like it was a blast. I need to take Karl there one day. It is expensive to stay there?
Cute pics Katie! I have to agree with everybody...Yellowstone is really pretty! And is so fun that Tairen got to go with you guys! and i want to see pictures of your belly too....mmmm...WAIT....I'm going to see you and less then 2 weeks! YAY! We are going to have so much here...and if you dont fell too good...we can just relax by the pool all day everyday...hehehehehe!!! ( and I just got on Snow cone mashine...so if we get too hot...we can have snow cones by the pool 24/7...hahahahah)!!!
Fun
I guess I am lame then! HAHA
Finally some pictures of you! You don't look bad at all! What a cute pregnant lady you are. And don't worry about your kankles. At least you have an excuse to have them unlike those many unfortunate others. I miss Yellowstone, but not with all that snow. Eww.
Yay for Yellowstone!!!
I'm sad we couldn't go...stupid school! haha
Fun! I want to go to Yellowstone! I can't believe all the snow, but it still looks like a good time!
Post a Comment