Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Home!


I never thought I'd be happy to be "home" in Cody. HAHAHA I guess a 2 week vacation will do that to you! The 1st week was GREAT. Thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and Dirk's birthday!!! (Pictures soon, I promise) THEN came the sickness. For the rest of our trip, someone was sick. First it was Brenika with diarrhea, then she threw up, then she had more diarrhea, then she was okay. THEN I was sick with the same bug. Then it was Dirk. Then the day we were leaving (yesterday), Brenika started throwing up, AGAIN! Seriously... it was a bad bad week. Not to mention it was also my birthday. I didn't get to do ANY of the things I had planned. So annoyed.

So I am glad we are home. My kids are so happy too. They were good ALL DAY! They slept in their own beds ALL NIGHT. No one threw up, Dirk is on the mend with his diarrhea, they are both eating and drinking the proper amount (no grandparents to sneak them juice and candy... ahem... haha) and it was a nice, lovely, relaxing day today!

It was so nice to be with my dog, though. I was SO TEMPTED to sneak her back again, but I didn't. Ugh. It was also nice to have AC for 2 weeks. My body had to re-adjust to the heat today. I am positive my kids miss Dallis. Every morning when she would get up, Dirk would clap and jibber jabber to her. I think he loves her. (Even though she would occasionally shove him and kick at him hahaha). It was nice to see everyone that we saw.

NEXT TIME.... we better not get sick. NEXT TIME... I better get to spend time with Danica and more time with Monica. NEXT TIME... I better get to spend a night at the temple with my friends. NEXT TIME... I think we'll try a hotel for a few days. NEXT TIME... I'm bringing my dog home with me and my Landlord can shove it. NEXT TIME... will be a ways away because man, it feels good to be home!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I'm glad you are all feeling better and happy to be home :) I look forward to more time with you next time!