Trent has been in the scouts for a while. He is the scout master. The boys in his troop wanted to get their survival badges, so Trent wanted to scope out some camping spots. It was a pretty rough drive, so I knew I couldn't go with him being so pregnant, and Dirk would get car sick. He took Brenika and they left for the whole day. She LOVED spending one on one time with her daddy. The two of them have such a special bond. The are they went to is in the Big Horn mountains of Wyoming. Probably one of the top prettiest areas of Wyoming. (Aside from Jackson Hole and the Tetons.) They had so much fun.
Brenika thought it was pretty fun to cross the river in the truck.
Dirk and I didn't want to be left out. It ended up being an awesome day. It was the Cody Air Fair! I hadn't heard about it last year, but at the old Cody Airport they have tons and tons of planes and you walk around and can check them all out. They have a few you can go in, and if you know the pilots they even can take you for a quick flight. (We weren't that fortunate.)
It was really hot by the time we got over there. I lasted about 45 minutes before I was ready to leave. Dirk cried. He could have walked around those planes all day long. He really just thinks they are so amazing. It was so fun to take him to it. It was like his Disneyland and I already can't wait to take him again next year.
The helicopter was probably one of his top favorites. Since we'd just seen Planes Fire & Rescue his love for helicopters escalated. It was pretty awesome.
We got to go inside this small plane.
It was really gross hot and stuffy inside. I didn't let him sit for very long. HAHA
I think these Yellowstone fire trucks are awesome, just like the ones in Planes Fire & Rescue.
There were some kids playing inside and so Dirk wanted to get in. I could barely lift him up that high. The dad of the other kids helped me get him back out because he felt bad for me. HAHA
The last weekend in August there was a car show in Billings. I was not interested in driving that far just in case I went into labor. I figured if I did, that Trent would be able to drive back in time. So, he took the kids for the day and went to Billings for the car show. They had tons of fun, but he said it wasn't that great and he won't go again next year.
Having a fun picnic.
They both thought the Scooby Mystery Van was awesome.
Sometimes you just need a day with Dad doing his dad things.
1 comment:
My girls would've loved the Scooby van hehe Dirk climbing into the plane is my favorite hehe
Post a Comment